Speaker - Author - Standup Comic

My photo
United States
Founder President,.....................................www.winnersdontquit.org----------Winners Don't Quit Association

To comment on a post, please click "comment" after the post and select a service provider. If your provider is not listed, or unknown, select Anonymous.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Is This Blog About Disabilities?

Some people may ask, What's this blog's got to do with disabilities?
To which I'll say, "Everything!"
What's every normal or adnormal person in the world need?
Success at setting/reaching goals and healthy relationships.
What do we normal or adnormal people with disabilities need?
The same thing. Success at setting/reaching goals and healthy relationships.
What sort of stuff is in this blog?

The content of this blog can be divided into three loosely defined catagories.

1. Stuff I've heard from credible AA people as well as rehabilitation professionals.

2. Things I've learned from experience as a person with disabilities.

3. I frequently share my experience, strength and hope about how this person with disabilities uses goal setting and fellowship with AA people and folks in church and other aspects of my life to strengthen my self image and build and maintain healthy relationships.

There you go. This blog is about finding an easier, softer way to live with or without disabilities. life is about setting goals and maintaining relationships, whether you have a disability or not.

If you have specific questions about living with disabilities, ask. If I don't know, I'll help you find the answer. Why would I do that? Because, as I probably said in an earlier post: Helping you Helps me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's soooo amazing how helping others, in turn helps me! Try it, you'll see what Al & I mean.