Speaker - Author - Standup Comic

My photo
United States
Founder President,.....................................www.winnersdontquit.org----------Winners Don't Quit Association

To comment on a post, please click "comment" after the post and select a service provider. If your provider is not listed, or unknown, select Anonymous.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

What I Learned Today

What I learned today is that it's important to say what you mean,
it's even more important to mean what you say,
and it's most imortant to not say it mean.

What I'm trying to say is that "Sometimes how we say what we say is more important than what we say."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very true!

Anonymous said...

Well put, Al. How we say things can be just as important as what we say.

Unknown said...

What we say and how we say it can often be at odds with each other. Whether we want to admit it or not, body language plays a part in how our words are perceived and accepted. Every one of us gives off signals in the way our hands move, with our body posture, and with our facial expressions, even with the inflection we place on our words. Our biggest challenge would appear to be bring our words and our body language into harmony so both are giving off the same message.

Al Foxx said...

Yeah I agree. How I'm intending to come across is not always the way I come across. I think the biggest obstacle I have to being understood is the inflection, or lack thereof, in my voice. To further complicate the situation is my sense of humor, which can be dry or sarcastic at times.